This is What Happens While I'm at Work

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Flappy Layers of Life

Lmao, Josh!

So, I went for my orientation for Barnes & Noble today. I think I'm really going to like it, but there were some things that struck me as oddly reminiscent of my days at Bed, Bath and Beyond. For instance: The torture chamber they refer to as Receiving, the weird and nonsenical division of the store into zones, the cash room. I think I'll like this a lot more, though, because I love books! And one of the biggest perks, as least for me, is that I can borrow books for two weeks! That just makes me happy...I'll never have to buy another book (at least for myself) as long as I work there!

Went to lunch with Elliott and Josh after chemistry today and I was quite enlightened as to the complicated inner workings of both the hetero and homosexual male mind. It's so funny...Elliott and Josh are like, complete opposites, and they just crack me up. I like hanging out with them...they don't stress me out like everyone else.

Leaving tomorrow for Savannah...dear god, help me. I have a bad feeling about this trip. First of all, we're leaving late in the afternoon tomorrow and coming back late in the afternoon on Thursday, which means about 10 hours of travel in 24 hours. And considering mom and I never make a whole trip either to or from Savannah without having some huge argument, this should be very, very bad for everyone involved. Oh, and Jimmy is coming with...weird. I'm not used to the four of us doing anything together. And the chances of all of us making it out of the car at the end of this Thanksgiving exercusion alive and still speaking to each other is slim. Payton is the only one anyone even likes. The only reason I'm even going is to keep Josh company. It's kind of sad, Thanksgiving used to be my favorite holiday, and it still is, but I just really don't enjoy it as much as I did. Maybe it's part of getting older, or maybe it's the fact that my family has very slowly fallen apart over the years, I don't know. All I know is this is the last Thanksgiving I ever get to have at my grandparents and I hope that we can all put our differences aside and try to enjoy it. I want the few memories Payton has been able to collect at the farm to be warm and fuzzy.

So, then I come back Thursday, work and school Friday, then Ashley and I are going to work out at Warner Park! I am excited...I've finally found my work out buddy! She's a really sweet girl and she has the cutest little girl, Lily, who I think Payton would just love. And then the weekend (maybe a movie with Josh...hmmmm...???) and then both Monday and Tuesday I have school, bank, and closing at B&N.

I'm sad...it doesn't look like I'm going to have enough time for Payton or Aaron. I miss Payton all the time as it is and Aaron...I don't even know. If we don't have the weekends, what do we have? I am so scared that I'm going to lose him. I've been thinking lately about all the girls who could be with who are prettier and closer and childless and I just get so insecure. It would just suck really bad if he came home and I finally had him near and then it just fell apart. I need to scratch his chin :0( And, just a really psychotic note to any other girl who might consider touching my boyfriends anything...I will kill you...and make it really painful...and then mail your body parts to your parents...

Kidding...kisses lovers and friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home